HRM742 Introduction to Business and Organizational Behaviour
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamic role of the contemporary leader in Canadian business. Understand theories of leadership identifying essential skills and behaviours and analyze the impact of leadership in organizations.
2. Identify the skills required to make effective, ethical decisions.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of motivation theories. Apply the principles of motivation to workplace situations including the elements of reward systems and job design.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the attributes of individuals, teams and team dynamics in organizations.
5. Identify the issues and the effects of organizational power and politics.
6. Demonstrate an understanding workplace stress and stress management.
7. Identify conflict and conflict management strategies and the art of negotiation in the workplace.
8. Identify the components of the communication model, the barriers to communication and discuss strategies for effective communication.
9. Identify the elements of organizational culture, the functions of culture and strategies to change and strengthen organizational culture.
10. Identify models of change, explain resistance to change and apply strategies to overcome resistance to change. Demonstrate an understanding of how to communicate the change effort.
11. Identify the elements of organizational design and organizational structure. Identify forms of departmentalisation. Explain the impact of the contingencies of organization design on an organization.
Communicate effectively using both oral and written methods and utilizing appropriate word processing software