MANM444 Sustainability and Social Innovation Project
1. Pedagogic rationale
The use of individual coursework links to employability and helps students to develop and strengthen skills required in the workplace, such as critical analysis, argumentation development and research skills. Therefore, an individual assignment will be measuring some of these skills, which are set out in the module learning outcomes.
2. Learning outcomes
• Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the evolving relationship between business and society and the growing environmental, political, economic and societal pressures for change towards sustainability
• Develop a critical appreciation of the current sustainability issues facing managers and organisations and the emerging trends in sustainable
management theory and practice
• Work independently and as part of a team to identify issues, analyse problems and develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations
3. Description of task
This assessment aims at providing you with the opportunity to develop your understanding of the relationship between business position towards an innovative technology and how this relates to society. It will enhance your skills on effective writing and ability to articulate recommendations.
Position statement is a short, clear, concise statement that describes an organization’s position on a particular issue/topic/problem.
Write a Position Statement on Transgenic technology from the perspective of a stakeholder of your choice. Please chose to represent a stakeholder that you would normally do not support.
Please structure you position statement to communicate the following:
• Brief description of the issue/topic/problem
• Current practices and/or any challenges
• Solutions or recommendations to address the issue/problem.